Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Florida Government Online offers an extensive listing of resources that relate to health issues in the Sunshine State. Whether you're looking for information how to handle the anthrax threat, are interested in taking a defensive driving course, or want to write a Living Will, we can help.
Our large selection of resources related to health issues in Florida allows you to find out about many health-related resources in the state of Florida. Whether you're looking for information about food hygiene or immunizations, our resources will help you find the information you need as quickly as possible.
- Algae and Health Concerns (Water) - Learn about Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria).
- Anthrax - The Florida Department of Health offers information on how to handle the Anthrax threat.
- Blind Services - Review information about programs and services available through Florida Blind Services.
- Cemeteries, Regulation of - Download licensing and registration records, statistics, and board meetings and minutes.
- Defensive Driving - Enroll in a defensive driving course to improve your driving skills and possibly qualify for an insurance discount.
- Disabilities - The Florida Developmental Disabilities Council encourages and advocates opportunities for persons with developmental disabilities and their families, to enhance their quality of life within their communities.
- Disabled Parking - Get an application form and information for obtaining a Disabled Parking Permit.
- Diseases and Conditions - View a listing of disease topics and find information for each topic online.
- Food and Waterborne Disease Program - This program was established in 1994 within the Division of Environmental Health to assist County Health Departments in the surveillance, investigation, reporting, and prevention of food and waterborne disease in the State of Florida.
- Food Distribution, Bureau of - The Bureau administers or provides support to five USDA programs in Florida: National School Lunch Program; Summer Food Service Program; The Emergency Food Assistance Program; Charitable Institutions; Disaster Feeding.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Food Safety, Division of - The Division assures the public of a safe food supply through permitting and inspection of food establishments, inspection of food products, and performance of specialized laboratory analyses on a variety of food products sold or produced in the State.
- Health Care Advance Directives - Exercise your right to decide and make your wishes known.
- Health Care Resources - View a variety of health care resources.
- Health Care, Quality - Medical Quality Assurance protects health care consumers by licensing qualified health providers, establishing and enforcing health care standards and disseminating appropriate information to consumers and practitioners.
- Health Quality Assurance - Health Quality Assurance licenses and/or certifies and regulates 40 different types of health care facilities and providers in Florida.
- Health Reports & Guides - Download reports and guides regarding a variety of health issues.
- Health, Department of - Learn about public health issues, reports and health statistics, licenses and permits, and emergencies.
- Healthy Communities, Healthy People - Healthy Communities, Healthy People is a comprehensive and community-based health promotion and wellness initiative designed to reduce major behavioral risk factors associated with chronic diseases.
- HIPAA - The Department of Health has implemented HIPAA privacy practices, which provide individuals who receive care from the agency with certain rights.
- HIV/AIDS Community Planning & Prevention - View HIV/AIDS resources and information.
- Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit - The Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit within the Division of Health Quality Assurance is responsible for licensing, registering, and regulating hospitals, outpatient and health care service facilities.
- Immunization - The Bureau of Immunization focuses on protecting Floridians from vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Living Will - View Living Will information provided by the Florida Bar.
- Medical Quality Assurance - The mission of MQA is to protect and promote the health of all persons in Florida by diligently regulating health care practitioners and facilities.
- Mosquito Control - This program administers approximately 2 million dollars in grants and provides technical assistance, certification and training to approximately 300 mosquito control programs throughout the State.
- Organ and Tissue Donation - Transplantation saves lives, but only if you decide to help and let others know.
- Pesticide Exposure Surveillance - Find out what you need to know about pesticides and your health.
- Poison Information - The Florida Poison Information Center Network provides emergency services 24 hours a day to the citizens of Florida by offering poison prevention and management information through the use of a nationwide, toll-free hotline accessible by voice and TTY.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Learn about prevention, clinic sites, and treatment.
- Smallpox - Learn about Operation Vaccinate Florida and what you need to know about smallpox.
- Statewide Pharmaceutical Services, Bureau of - The Bureau enforces Florida's Drug and Cosmetic Act, which safeguards the health of the public and protects the public from injury by product use and merchandising deceit involving drugs, devices and cosmetics, or false and misleading advertising.
- West Nile Virus - Learn about Florida Arboviral Encephalitis and West Nile Virus.