Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Florida's gorgeous weather offers a wealth of opportunities for outdoor recreation. Enjoy camping, boating, bicycling, fishing, golf, and hiking nearly year-round. Florida Government Online offers an extensive list of resources for outdoor recreation in the Sunshine State. Whether you're looking for a list of boat ramps, are interested in camping, or want to look up diving opportunities, we can help.
Our extensive selection of Florida outdoor recreation opportunities allows you to find out about many resources for outdoor recreation in the state of Florida. Whether you're looking for information about Florida's Everglades or want to learn more about the Trailwalker Program, our resources will help you find the information you need as quickly as possible.
- Bicycle Traffic Laws - This web site provides a summary of Florida's bicycle regulations.
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety - Gather information about bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Boat Owner's Insurance - Find out how to determine whether your homeowners insurance coverage will adequately protect you or whether you should consider additional coverage for boat owners.
- Boat Ramps - View a map of boat ramps in Florida.
- Boat Registration and Titles - Get the facts and view frequently asked questions about boat registration and title requirements in Florida.
- Camping - View a list of Florida campgrounds.
- Diving - See Florida in a brand new way when you strap on a mask and fins and glide to new depths.
- Everglades - Spanning the southern tip of the Florida peninsula and most of Florida Bay, Everglades National Park is the only subtropical preserve in North America.
- Fairs and Expositions - Find out how to contact each fair directly for information about tickets, entertainment or vendor services.
- Fishing - Get information on freshwater and saltwater fishing from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
- Fishing License - Purchase your Florida fishing licenses and permits online.
- Forest Recreation - In addition to providing outdoor recreation, state forest trails serve as outdoor classrooms for people of all ages to explore and learn.
- Golf - Learn more about Florida golf courses.
- Hiking - Use the map on this site to find hiking trails in Florida.
- Hunting - Read the hunting handbook, learn about special opportunity and quota hunts, and view hunting forecasts.
- Hunting License - Purchase a state-issued hunting license online.
- Kennedy Space Center - Tour launch areas, meet an Astronaut, see giant rockets, train in spaceflight simulators, and even view a launch.
- Lighthouses - The Florida Lighthouse Association, Inc., is a not-for-profit organization chartered by the State of Florida for the preservation of Florida lighthouses and maritime heritage.
- NASA - View the National Aeronautics and Space Administration web site to learn about astronauts, missions, research, and career opportunities.
- National Parks - View a map and list of national parks in Florida.
- Park Guide - Find a park, get camping and lodging information, learn about things to do, or become a volunteer.
- Recreation, Outdoor - More than 5 million acres of mostly undeveloped land, the largest wildlife management area system in the country, offer remote getaways for outdoor lovers in every corner of the state.
- Rocks and Minerals - Read about rocks and minerals commonly found in Florida.
- Saltwater Fishing - Access links to licensing and permitting and read about regulations and fishing resources.
- Sports - View a list of professional sports teams in Florida.
- Springs - Experience the magic of Florida springs and learn about threats to their future and how to protect nature's gems.
- State Parks - Use this site to keep abreast of all the happenings at Florida State Parks.
- Swimming Pools - Get answers to general questions and help in determining how much liquid chlorine should be added to a swimming pool.
- Trails and Greenways - A list of trails in Florida to be explored by canoe, on foot, or on horseback.
- Trailwalker Program - The best way to learn about a state forest is to experience it first hand, and this is what the Florida State Forests Trailwalker program is all about.
- Wildlife Viewing - Find information about 137 wildlife viewing destinations around the state and learn about a selection of the most fascinating wildlife species in Florida.
- Wineries and Vineyards - Learn about the history of winemaking and locate wineries and vineyards in Florida.