Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
- Alligators - Learn about the American Alligator in Florida.
- Aquaculture - This web site offers an introduction to the world of Florida aquaculture.
- Beach Water Quality - Learn about how the Florida Healthy Beaches Program and the Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems work to monitor and improve the water quality of Florida's beaches.
- Beaches - See a list of Florida beaches.
- Beaches and Coastal Systems - Learn about the 825 miles of sandy coastline fronting the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and the Straits of Florida, one of Florida's most valuable natural resources.
- Boat Ramps - View a map of boat ramps in Florida.
- Camping - View a list of Florida campgrounds.
- Clean Marina Program - To meet both the letter and the spirit of environmental laws, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is in partnership with both private and public entities in the marine industry to develop a Clean Marina Program.
- Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas - Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas (CAMA) manages 45 sites totaling nearly five million acres of submerged lands.
- Coastal Management Program - The Florida Coastal Management Program is based on a network of agencies implementing 23 statutes that protect and enhance the state's natural, cultural and economic coastal resources.
- Coral Reefs - Learn about Florida's many coral reefs.
- Endangered Species - Learn about threatened and endangered species in Florida.
- Everglades - Spanning the southern tip of the Florida peninsula and most of Florida Bay, Everglades National Park is the only subtropical preserve in North America.
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission - Learn more about freshwater and saltwater fishing, hunter safety, and manatees.
- Fishing License - Purchase your Florida fishing licenses and permits online.
- Hiking - Use the map on this site to find hiking trails in Florida.
- Hunting - Read the hunting handbook, learn about special opportunity and quota hunts, and view hunting forecasts.
- Hunting License - Purchase a state-issued hunting license online.
- Hydrogeology - Hydrogeology is the study of ground water with emphasis given to its chemistry, modes of movement, and relation to the geologic environment.
- Marina - The Florida Department of Environmental Protection formed the Clean Boating Partnership to work with private organizations such as Marine Industries Association of Florida in their commitment to improving the health and cleanliness of our waterways.
- MarineQuest - MarineQuest is the annual open house for the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute.
- Mercury in Marine Fish - In large enough doses, mercury is toxic to mammals, birds, and fish. Mercury can cause severe nerve and brain damage, sight and hearing loss, and birth defects.
- National Parks - View a map and list of national parks in Florida.
- Northern Right Whale Program - Get information about this endangered marine mammal or participate in the Adopt A Whale program.
- Park Guide - Find a park, get camping and lodging information, learn about things to do, or become a volunteer.
- Recreation, Outdoor - More than 5 million acres of mostly undeveloped land, the largest wildlife management area system in the country, offer remote getaways for outdoor lovers in every corner of the state.
- Red Tide - Get information about red tide from the Division of Aquaculture.
- Saltwater Fishing - Access links to licensing and permitting and read about regulations and fishing resources.
- Sea Turtles - The mission of the program at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is to promote the recovery of threatened and endangered marine turtles through research, management and education.
- Springs - Experience the magic of Florida springs and learn about threats to their future and how to protect nature's gems.
- State Parks - Use this site to keep abreast of all the happenings at Florida State Parks.
- Wildlife Violations - Floridians can report fish and wildlife law violations online.
- Youth Angling Education Program - Hooked on Fishing - Not on Drugs is an angling education program for youth designed to teach about fishing skills, benefits of fishing, aquatic ecology and conservation, drug prevention and keeping kids drug free.