Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Health, Department of
Read about various diseases and conditions, environmental health issues, drugs, devices and cosmetics licensing, and health issues concerning children.
- Aging and Health Information - View links to several state agencies and resources on aging.
- Air Quality - Learn about ozone and particle pollution levels in Florida.
- Air Quality, Indoor - Learn about the Florida Clean Indoor Air Act (FCIAA), which was enacted by the Florida Legislature in 1985.
- Algae and Health Concerns (Water) - Learn about Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria).
- Birth Certificate - Order a certified copy of a Florida birth certificate.
- Cash Assistance, Temporary - The purpose of the Temporary Cash Assistance program is to provide temporary financial help to eligible low-income families.
- Child Abuse - Learn definitions of child abuse and how to report it.
- Children's Medical Services - Learn about a variety of programs that have the goal of keeping Florida children healthy.
- Diseases and Conditions - View a listing of disease topics and find information for each topic online.
- Domestic Violence - View information about safety planning, legal assistance, and domestic violence statistics.
- Drug Prices - This website was developed by Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist and the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to help consumers find the lowest price in their area for their prescription drugs.
- Elder Affairs, Department of - View information for senior citizens about issues such as food safety, prescription assistance, and veteran's affairs.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Health Care Administration, Agency for - The Agency for Health Care Administration champions accessible, affordable, quality health care for all Floridians.
- Health Care Advance Directives - Exercise your right to decide and make your wishes known.
- Health Care Complaints and Information - The Agency for Health Care Administration provides a toll-free telephone system for consumers to call in order to file complaints, receive publications, information and referral numbers.
- Health Care Provider Information - Search for licensed health care providers.
- Health Care Resources - View a variety of health care resources.
- Health Care Risk Management - The State of Florida, Agency for Health Care Administration, administers serious patient injury reporting, tracking, trending and problem resolution programs in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Health Care, Quality - Medical Quality Assurance protects health care consumers by licensing qualified health providers, establishing and enforcing health care standards and disseminating appropriate information to consumers and practitioners.
- Health Departments, County - Look up contact information for the local county health departments alphabetically by county.
- Health Facility Provider Locator - The Locator allows you to find health care facilities or providers, including addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, ownership, quality comparison tools, and more.
- Health Reports & Guides - Download reports and guides regarding a variety of health issues.
- Health Statistics - Use a variety of charts and reports to gather information on health statistics in Florida.
- Healthy Communities, Healthy People - Healthy Communities, Healthy People is a comprehensive and community-based health promotion and wellness initiative designed to reduce major behavioral risk factors associated with chronic diseases.
- Healthy Families - Healthy Families Florida is a community-based, voluntary home visiting program designed to promote positive parent/child interaction and healthy childhood growth and development, thereby preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Healthy Kids - Healthy Kids is a public/private organization providing quality health insurance to Florida's children.
- HIPAA - The Department of Health has implemented HIPAA privacy practices, which provide individuals who receive care from the agency with certain rights.
- HIV/AIDS Community Planning & Prevention - View HIV/AIDS resources and information.
- Home Care - The Home Care Unit licenses and registers agencies that provide services and equipment to people in their home or place of residence.
- Hospice - Florida Hospices and Palliative Care, Inc. will strive to assure excellence and expand access to hospice care, and to advocate for the needs of those in the final phases of life.
- Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit - The Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit within the Division of Health Quality Assurance is responsible for licensing, registering, and regulating hospitals, outpatient and health care service facilities.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Immunization - The Bureau of Immunization focuses on protecting Floridians from vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Insurance, Life and Health - The Bureau of Life and Health Insurer Solvency monitors the solvency of life and health insurers that are authorized to operate in the State of Florida.
- KidCare - Florida Kidcare is state health insurance for uninsured children under age 19.
- Living Will - View Living Will information provided by the Florida Bar.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.
- Medicaid Fraud - Medicaid Fraud can take many forms and costs Floridians hundreds of millions of dollars each year.
- Medical Discount Cards - Read about how programs that involve the purchase of a medical discount card or joining a medical discount plan are not health insurance and probably are not regulated by the State of Florida.
- Medical Quality Assurance - The mission of MQA is to protect and promote the health of all persons in Florida by diligently regulating health care practitioners and facilities.
- Medicare Providers - First Coast Service Options, Inc. is your Florida Medicare contractor.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance - Use this guide to evaluate your health care insurance needs.
- Mental Health Counseling - Look up a practitioner and learn how to report unlicensed activity.
- Optometry - Find out whether or not your optometrist is licensed, report unlicensed activity, and report complications due to contact lenses dispensed without a valid prescription.
- Organ and Tissue Donation - Transplantation saves lives, but only if you decide to help and let others know.
- Radiation Control, Bureau of - Learn about licensing of those who use radioactive materials and registration of devices such as X-ray machines and high-power lasers.
- Radon - Read a discussion of radon issues in Florida, view a list of certified radon businesses and individuals, and read guidance, instructions and requirements for facilities required to test for radon.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Learn about prevention, clinic sites, and treatment.
- Smallpox - Learn about Operation Vaccinate Florida and what you need to know about smallpox.
- Smoking, Indoor - Learn about the Florida Clean Indoor Air Act, enacted to protect people from the hazards of second-hand tobacco smoke.
- Substance Abuse - This program offers a comprehensive system of prevention, emergency/detoxification, and treatment services for individuals and families at risk of or affected by substance abuse; to promote their safety, well-being, and self-sufficiency.
- Tanning Facilities - Learn about risks associated with tanning beds and booths and spray-on tanning and how tanning facilties are regulated.
- Tattooing & Permanent Makeup - Learn about business issues associated with tattooing and permanent makeup.
- Vital Records - Find information on obtaining certificates, available online forms, and other information about obtaining vital records.