Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Food Distribution, Bureau of
Through the establishment of communication, service and delivery systems, the Bureau of Food Distribution ensures that USDA-donated commodities and recovered produce are made available to eligible recipients.
- Agriculture and Consumer Services, Department of - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services works with farmers, operates the state's consumer hotline, inspects scales and gasoline pumps, and manages public lands.
- Animal Industry/Livestock and Domestic Animals - Learn about animal health regulations and protecting the state from animal pests and diseases.
- Dairy Inspection and Compliance Monitoring - The Division of Dairy Industry insures that dairy products purchased by Florida consumers are wholesome, produced under sanitary conditions, and correctly labeled.
- Food and Meat Inspection - Read about food inspection and related regulatory actions associated with food safety and sanitation, consumer protection and food grading programs.
- Food and Waterborne Disease Program - This program was established in 1994 within the Division of Environmental Health to assist County Health Departments in the surveillance, investigation, reporting, and prevention of food and waterborne disease in the State of Florida.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Food Safety, Division of - The Division assures the public of a safe food supply through permitting and inspection of food establishments, inspection of food products, and performance of specialized laboratory analyses on a variety of food products sold or produced in the State.
- Fruit and Vegetables, Division of - The Division of Fruit and Vegetables administers rules that regulate standards, grades and marketing orders for various fruit and vegetable commodities to include citrus, limes, avocados, peanuts and tomatoes.
- Organic and Sustainable Agriculture - Florida Certified Organic Growers & Consumers is a non-profit organization which provides an Organic Certification Program.