Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Water Management Districts
The five water management districts are: Northwest Florida WMD, Suwannee River WMD, St. Johns River WMD, South Florida WMD and Southwest Florida WMD.
- Beach Water Quality - Learn about how the Florida Healthy Beaches Program and the Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems work to monitor and improve the water quality of Florida's beaches.
- Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas - Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas (CAMA) manages 45 sites totaling nearly five million acres of submerged lands.
- Coastal Management Program - The Florida Coastal Management Program is based on a network of agencies implementing 23 statutes that protect and enhance the state's natural, cultural and economic coastal resources.
- Drinking Water - The Department of Environmental Protection has the primary role of regulating public water systems in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Hydrogeology - Hydrogeology is the study of ground water with emphasis given to its chemistry, modes of movement, and relation to the geologic environment.
- Inland Navigation District - The Florida Inland Navigation District is a Special State Taxing District for the continued management and maintenance of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway.
- Marina - The Florida Department of Environmental Protection formed the Clean Boating Partnership to work with private organizations such as Marine Industries Association of Florida in their commitment to improving the health and cleanliness of our waterways.
- Seaports - View a list of Florida seaports.
- Wastewater - Read current wastewater treatment facilities reports.
- Water Resource Management - Water Resource Management Programs are responsible for protecting the quality of Florida drinking water as well as its rivers, lakes and wetlands, and for reclaiming lands after they have been mined for phosphate and other minerals.