Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
- Alligators - Learn about the American Alligator in Florida.
- Coloring Book - Florida's Animated Alphabet is designed to introduce young children to Florida's wide variety of native wildlife and the interesting natural history and behavior of its wild creatures.
- Coral Reefs - Learn about Florida's many coral reefs.
- Endangered Species - Learn about threatened and endangered species in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Fire and Forest Protection - Check out the latest long-range outlook for wildfire season.
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission - Learn more about freshwater and saltwater fishing, hunter safety, and manatees.
- Forest Recreation - In addition to providing outdoor recreation, state forest trails serve as outdoor classrooms for people of all ages to explore and learn.
- Forestry, Division of - The Division protects and manages the forest resources of Florida.
- Hiking - Use the map on this site to find hiking trails in Florida.
- Hunting - Read the hunting handbook, learn about special opportunity and quota hunts, and view hunting forecasts.
- Hunting License - Purchase a state-issued hunting license online.
- Landscaping for Wildlife - Learn how to landscape to attract and benefit wildlife.
- Manatees - Save the Manatee Club was started so the public could participate in conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.
- MarineQuest - MarineQuest is the annual open house for the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute.
- National Parks - View a map and list of national parks in Florida.
- Northern Right Whale Program - Get information about this endangered marine mammal or participate in the Adopt A Whale program.
- Panthers - Learn about the state animal, the elusive endangered Florida panther.
- Park Guide - Find a park, get camping and lodging information, learn about things to do, or become a volunteer.
- Project WILD - Project WILD is an interdisciplinary conservation and environmental education program emphasizing wildlife designed for educators of kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- Recreation, Outdoor - More than 5 million acres of mostly undeveloped land, the largest wildlife management area system in the country, offer remote getaways for outdoor lovers in every corner of the state.
- Saltwater Fishing - Access links to licensing and permitting and read about regulations and fishing resources.
- Sea Turtles - The mission of the program at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is to promote the recovery of threatened and endangered marine turtles through research, management and education.
- Springs - Experience the magic of Florida springs and learn about threats to their future and how to protect nature's gems.
- Trails and Greenways - A list of trails in Florida to be explored by canoe, on foot, or on horseback.
- Waterfowl - Here you can learn about Florida's wetlands, resident waterfowl species, and migratory waterfowl that spend only a portion of the year in Florida's vast wetlands.
- Wildlife Trappers, Nuisance - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) authorizes trappers to take destructive or nuisance wildlife from private property with the consent of the property owner.
- Wildlife Viewing - Find information about 137 wildlife viewing destinations around the state and learn about a selection of the most fascinating wildlife species in Florida.
- Wildlife Violations - Floridians can report fish and wildlife law violations online.