Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
- Archaeology - The Bureau of Archaeological Research works with state agencies and local communities to manage, preserve, and interpret Florida's irreplaceable archaeological sites for citizens and visitors.
- Archives - The Florida State Archives is the central repository for the archives of Florida's state government.
- Biographies - The Biography Index contains references to biographical information on notable Floridians in the books, periodicals, vertical files, newspapers and maps of the Florida Collection.
- Cultural Affairs, Division of - The mission of the Division of Cultural Affairs is to guide and facilitate cultural development and services for Florida citizens and visitors through public/private partnerships.
- Facts and History - Learn Florida facts, such as state symbols, and read about Florida history, such as the civil war and prehistoric native people.
- Folklife Program - The Florida Folklife Program, a component of the Florida Department of State's Division of Historical Resources, documents and presents the folklife, folklore, and folk arts of the state.
- Fossils - Learn about fossils in Florida.
- Historic Places - Use a map to find a list of historic sites by county.
- Historic Preservation, Bureau of - Learn about architectural preservation services, statewide education and folklife programs, and grants services.
- History & Antiquities - Learn about a variety of topics related to Florida's history, with links to other resources for more information.
- History, Facts and - Read portraits and biographies of Florida Governors and a history of Seminole leaders and Seminole wars.
- History, Museum of Florida - The Museum collects, preserves, exhibits, and interprets evidence of past and present cultures in Florida, and promotes knowledge and appreciation of this heritage.
- Land Protection - Learn how private landowners can protect cultural resources in their ownership.
- Life Histories - View titles of mostly first-person accounts of life in Florida collected during the Great Depression.
- Memory Project - The Florida Memory Project provides a web-based structure for primary records that illustrates significant moments in the state's history, provides educational resources for students of all ages, and makes available collections for historical research.
- Museums - Use this site to locate museums by interest or geographic area.
- Photographic Collection - The Florida Photographic Collection is a nationally recognized component of the State Archives of Florida and contains more than 850,000 photographs and approximately 2,500 movies and video tapes.
- Rosewood - Find sources identified by the State Library staff which are helpful in answering requests for information about the destruction of Rosewood, Florida.
- Transportation History - Take a tour of Florida's past through transportation-related photographs.