Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The Florida Department of Community Affairs offers information about building codes, emergency management, and affordable housing information and links. The Division of Community Planning provides technical assistance for the development of community plans related to affordable housing. Types of assistance provided include direct technical assistance through telephone and on-site consultation, and the research and preparation of best practices guidelines, special reports, and policy papers.
- Aging and Health Information - View links to several state agencies and resources on aging.
- Assisted Living Facilities - Learn who can reside in an Assisted Living Facility, what funding services or programs are available, and about licensing for ALFs.
- Bankruptcy Courts - View web site listings for Florida bankruptcy courts.
- Cash Assistance, Temporary - The purpose of the Temporary Cash Assistance program is to provide temporary financial help to eligible low-income families.
- Community Affairs, Department of - Learn about community planning, building codes, and disaster recovery.
- Consumer Complaints - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services functions as the state's clearinghouse for consumer complaints.
- Consumer Issues - View hotlines, online forms, publications and consumer links.
- Corrections, Department of/Inmate Release Information Search - Search for released inmates in the state of Florida.
- Credit Report - Floridians may obtain a free copy of their credit report.
- Defensive Driving - Enroll in a defensive driving course to improve your driving skills and possibly qualify for an insurance discount.
- Discrimination - The Florida Commission on Human Relations is dedicated to eliminating discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status or familial status.
- Domestic Violence - View information about safety planning, legal assistance, and domestic violence statistics.
- Driver Education - Learn about a variety of available driver education courses.
- Economic Self Sufficiency - ACCESS Florida provides assistance to low income families through the Food Stamp, Medicaid and Temporary Cash Assistance Programs.
- Elder Affairs, Department of - View information for senior citizens about issues such as food safety, prescription assistance, and veteran's affairs.
- Energy Assistance Program - The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides grants to local governments and non-profit agencies to assist eligible low-income households in meeting the costs of home heating and cooling.
- Food Stamps - The Food Stamp Program helps ensure that eligible low-income families and individuals are able to obtain a nutritious diet.
- Government - Read an introduction to Florida government.
- Healthy Communities, Healthy People - Healthy Communities, Healthy People is a comprehensive and community-based health promotion and wellness initiative designed to reduce major behavioral risk factors associated with chronic diseases.
- Healthy Families - Healthy Families Florida is a community-based, voluntary home visiting program designed to promote positive parent/child interaction and healthy childhood growth and development, thereby preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Healthy Kids - Healthy Kids is a public/private organization providing quality health insurance to Florida's children.
- HIV/AIDS Community Planning & Prevention - View HIV/AIDS resources and information.
- Home Insurance Rates - View a list of premiums based on current effective rates, using specific examples.
- Homestead Exemption - Learn when to file for homestead exemption and about other exemptions for which you may qualify.
- Housing - View housing resources, including information about condominiums, mobile homes, timeshares, and financing resources for potential homebuyers.
- Housing and Community Development, Division of - Gather information about building codes, disaster recovery, low-income home energy assistance, and weatherization assistance.
- Housing, Financing for - Find resources to help make housing affordable.
- Immigration - Learn about the services provided by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to applicants, petitioners, authorized representatives, community-based organizations, and the general public.
- Insurance, Property and Casualty - The Bureau of Property and Casualty Insurer Solvency is responsible for monitoring the financial stability of property and casualty insurers through ongoing financial analysis and appropriate regulatory action.
- Job Listing and Job Search Firms - Learn how to protect yourself from unscrupulous job listing and job search firms.
- Jobs - View resources for employment in Florida.
- Land Sales Practices Act - The Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes protects consumers from fraud and abuse in the sale or lease of vacant subdivided lands.
- Land Sales Scams - Protect yourself from land sales scams with advice from the Office of the Attorney General of Florida.
- Lemon Law - The Lemon Law program has proven to be an effective means of recourse for Florida consumers who have purchased or leased NEW defective autos.
- Loans, Advance Fee - Get information to help you decide whether or not to apply for an advance fee loan.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.
- Minimum Wage - Learn about Florida's Minimum Wage Law.
- Moving to Florida - Read information about relocating to the Sunshine State.
- Moving, Household Intrastate - Learn how to choose a mover and how to make the move as safe and inexpensive as possible.
- Refugee Services - View the array of services offered by Refugee Services, such as language education, child care, interpreters, and mental health counseling.
- Repossession, Automobile - Learn your rights in the event that your vehicle is repossessed.
- Retiring to Florida - View information and resources for those who are thinking of retiring to Florida.
- Welfare Transition Programs - The goal of the Welfare Transition Program in Florida is to emphasize work, self-sufficiency, and personal responsibility, and to enable welfare recipients to move from welfare to work.
- Workers Compensation - Read frequently asked questions, publications, and statistics.
- Workforce Innovation, Agency for - Get information for job seekers and business about employment listings and unemployment services.