Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
We have a great listing of resources about consumer issues in the Sunshine State. Whether you're looking for information about art fraud, are interested in advance fee loans, or want to learn more about Do Not Call lists, we can help.
Our extensive selection of Florida consumer issues resources allows you to find out about many resources relating to consumers in the state of Florida. Whether you're looking for information from about charitable organizations, or more information about how to file a consumer complaint, our resources will help you find the information you need as quickly as possible.
- Art Fraud - Use these tips when considering an expensive art purchase.
- Charitable Organizations - Read tips on giving to charity and view financial summaries of charitable organizations using the Gift Giver's Guide.
- Consumer Complaints - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services functions as the state's clearinghouse for consumer complaints.
- Consumer Issues - View hotlines, online forms, publications and consumer links.
- Do Not Call - Florida residents who do not wish to receive sales calls may have their residential, mobile or paging device telephone number included on the Do Not Call list.
- Fax, Unsolicited - Learn what to do about unsolicited advertisements that are sent to your fax machine.
- Game Promotion/Sweepstakes - Learn what you should keep in mind before entering a sweepstakes.
- Gas/Petroleum Inspection, Bureau of - The Department regularly conducts inspections of the petroleum distribution system and analyzes samples of petroleum products to ensure that consumers are offered quality products at fair measure.
- Gemstone Investment Schemes - Thousands of consumers fall victim each year to gemstone investment schemes; learn how to protect yourself.
- Internet Safety - Learn how to keep you and your family safe while using the Internet.
- Invention Promotion Firms - Learn how to locate a legitimate invention promotion firm to assist you in finding a suitable manufacturing company if you have developed a new idea for a product.
- Loans, Advance Fee - Get information to help you decide whether or not to apply for an advance fee loan.
- Medical Discount Cards - Read about how programs that involve the purchase of a medical discount card or joining a medical discount plan are not health insurance and probably are not regulated by the State of Florida.
- Pawnshops - Learn what interest pawnshops may charge, whether a written contract is necessary, and what to do if you have a complaint about a pawnshop transaction.
- Slamming - Learn what to do if your phone service has been switched without your authorization.
- SPAM/Junk Email - Spam is a popular term for unsolicited commercial electronic mail.
- Tanning Facilities - Learn about risks associated with tanning beds and booths and spray-on tanning and how tanning facilties are regulated.
- Tattooing & Permanent Makeup - Learn about business issues associated with tattooing and permanent makeup.
- Telemarketing - Learn about the Florida Telemarketing Act and read frequently asked questions about telemarketing.
- Telephone Solicitation Complaints - Learn how to add your phone number to the Florida Do Not Call list.
- Unclaimed Property - To find out if the state is holding unclaimed funds that belong to you, click the link on this site.
- Weight Loss Fraud - Learn how to protect yourself against weight loss schemes.