Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services assists consumers with information, protection and complaints, regardless of whether the Department regulates that particular industry.
- Agriculture and Consumer Services, Department of - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services works with farmers, operates the state's consumer hotline, inspects scales and gasoline pumps, and manages public lands.
- Art Fraud - Use these tips when considering an expensive art purchase.
- Attorney General - Subscribe to the Attorney General's newsletter, learn about the role and function of the attorney general, and read about crime prevention and crime victims' services.
- Auto Dealers, File Complaints Against - Find links to the complaint affadavit and contact information for the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles.
- Auto Repair Fraud - Learn how to avoid auto repair fraud and keep your vehicle in good working order.
- Better Business Bureau - Check out a company or file a complaint online.
- Car Rentals - Read tips on how to avoid paying unwanted rental car charges.
- Car, Buying a New - Read tips about how to protect yourself when purchasing a new vehicle.
- Consumer Issues - View hotlines, online forms, publications and consumer links.
- Discrimination - The Florida Commission on Human Relations is dedicated to eliminating discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status or familial status.
- Do Not Call - Florida residents who do not wish to receive sales calls may have their residential, mobile or paging device telephone number included on the Do Not Call list.
- Fax, Unsolicited - Learn what to do about unsolicited advertisements that are sent to your fax machine.
- Game Promotion/Sweepstakes - Learn what you should keep in mind before entering a sweepstakes.
- Gemstone Investment Schemes - Thousands of consumers fall victim each year to gemstone investment schemes; learn how to protect yourself.
- Hotels and Restaurants, Division of - The mission of the Division of Hotels and Restaurants is to protect the health and safety of the public through education in partnership with industry.
- Housing Assistance - The mission of the Division of Community Planning is to assist Florida communities in meeting the challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters and investing in community revitalization.
- Identity Theft - Learn about the crime of identity theft.
- Internet Safety - Learn how to keep you and your family safe while using the Internet.
- Invention Promotion Firms - Learn how to locate a legitimate invention promotion firm to assist you in finding a suitable manufacturing company if you have developed a new idea for a product.
- Job Listing and Job Search Firms - Learn how to protect yourself from unscrupulous job listing and job search firms.
- Land Sales Scams - Protect yourself from land sales scams with advice from the Office of the Attorney General of Florida.
- Law Enforcement, Florida Department of - View information about domestic violence, the officer certification exam, and background checks.
- Lemon Law - The Lemon Law program has proven to be an effective means of recourse for Florida consumers who have purchased or leased NEW defective autos.
- Loans, Advance Fee - Get information to help you decide whether or not to apply for an advance fee loan.
- Medical Discount Cards - Read about how programs that involve the purchase of a medical discount card or joining a medical discount plan are not health insurance and probably are not regulated by the State of Florida.
- Pawnshops - Learn what interest pawnshops may charge, whether a written contract is necessary, and what to do if you have a complaint about a pawnshop transaction.
- Pet Lemon Law - The Pet Lemon Law addresses dogs and cats transported or offered for sale, health requirements, and the consumer guarantee.
- Phishing - Learn about phishing, a type of theft that lures victims into revealing personal information, such as financial account numbers, resulting in the looting of those accounts.
- Price Gouging - Price gouging following a declared state of emergency is illegal; learn how to protect yourself.
- Publications - Order publications from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services about agriculture, consumer issues, and cookbooks and recipes.
- Repossession, Automobile - Learn your rights in the event that your vehicle is repossessed.
- Sexual Offenders and Predators - This database contains public record information on offenders classified as sexual predators and sexual offenders under Florida law because of a conviction for a sex-related crime and/or a specified crime against children.
- Slamming - Learn what to do if your phone service has been switched without your authorization.
- SPAM/Junk Email - Spam is a popular term for unsolicited commercial electronic mail.
- Tattooing & Permanent Makeup - Learn about business issues associated with tattooing and permanent makeup.
- Telemarketing - Learn about the Florida Telemarketing Act and read frequently asked questions about telemarketing.
- Telephone Solicitation Complaints - Learn how to add your phone number to the Florida Do Not Call list.
- Weight Loss Fraud - Learn how to protect yourself against weight loss schemes.