Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The FCHR is a state agency established by the Florida Human Rights Act in 1969 for the express purpose of enforcing Florida's anti-discrimination law. Subsequent laws expanded the authority of the Commission, culminating with the Civil Rights Act of 1992 that provides for punitive and compensatory damages, as well as attorney fees.
- Civil Rights - Learn about the Title VII Civil Rights Program in Florida.
- Community Relations Service - This program focuses on preventing or diffusing community conflicts and tensions arising from differences in the community of race, religion, ethnicity, color, ancestry, sexual orientation or national origin within Florida.
- Consumer Complaints - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services functions as the state's clearinghouse for consumer complaints.
- Consumer Issues - View hotlines, online forms, publications and consumer links.
- Disabilities - The Florida Developmental Disabilities Council encourages and advocates opportunities for persons with developmental disabilities and their families, to enhance their quality of life within their communities.
- Housing Assistance - The mission of the Division of Community Planning is to assist Florida communities in meeting the challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters and investing in community revitalization.
- Minority Business Council - Florida's minority business enterprises increase revenue and build strong supplier partnerships with corporations when they leverage networks and continuously build capacity.
- One Florida Initiative - The goal of the One Florida Initiative is to increase opportunity and diversity in the state's universities and in state contracting without using policies that discriminate or that pit one racial group against another.