Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Agriculture, Regulation of
This site offers the following information for each business the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services monitors or regulates:
- Description of program area
- Applicable Florida regulations
- Application forms
- Contact person(s)
- Agricultural Law Enforcement, Office of - The Office of Agricultural Law Enforcement is dedicated to protecting Florida's agriculture and its consumers through professional law enforcement.
- Agriculture and Consumer Services, Department of - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services works with farmers, operates the state's consumer hotline, inspects scales and gasoline pumps, and manages public lands.
- Budget, Florida State Government - Learn about Florida's e-Budget, including education, public safety, agriculture, and the environment.
- Fairs and Expositions - Find out how to contact each fair directly for information about tickets, entertainment or vendor services.
- Farm Labor - The Farm Labor Program processes and issues certificates of registration to farm labor contractors (FLC) who engage in farm labor contracting activities in the State.
- Farmers' Markets - View a list of Farmers Markets in Florida.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Food Safety, Division of - The Division assures the public of a safe food supply through permitting and inspection of food establishments, inspection of food products, and performance of specialized laboratory analyses on a variety of food products sold or produced in the State.
- Fruit and Vegetables, Division of - The Division of Fruit and Vegetables administers rules that regulate standards, grades and marketing orders for various fruit and vegetable commodities to include citrus, limes, avocados, peanuts and tomatoes.
- Invasive Plant Management, Bureau of - The Bureau of Invasive Plant Management is the lead agency in Florida responsible for coordinating and funding two statewide programs controlling invasive aquatic and upland plants on public conservation lands and waterways throughout the state.
- Kids' Agriculture Corner - Kids can learn about agriculture through a variety of fun activities.
- Organic and Sustainable Agriculture - Florida Certified Organic Growers & Consumers is a non-profit organization which provides an Organic Certification Program.
- Pest Alert - View a list of pest alerts for insects and diseases that have recently arrived in Florida or may possibly arrive soon.
- Pest Control - The Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control has the primary responsibility of protecting Florida citizens and visitors from pestiferous and disease carrying insects, unsafe pest control practices and unscrupulous pest control operators.
- Plant Inspection - The Division of Plant Industry is the regulatory agency responsible for the implementation of laws, rules, regulations, and various programs pertaining to plants and plant pests.
- Rabbit Farming - Rabbits are raised for meat, research, breeding, stock, and youth programs, such as 4-H and FFA.
- Wineries and Vineyards - Learn about the history of winemaking and locate wineries and vineyards in Florida.