Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
A BER representative will respond to any incident in order to protect the public health, welfare and safety, or the environment. The goal of the response is to eliminate the emergency situation which includes containment, site stabilization, source removal, technical assistance, assess damages, sampling, analysis, waste disposal and cost recovery. Most actions will be taken by the responsible party, with BER providing technical assistance as necessary. When the responsible party is unknown, refuses to cooperate, or the cleanup is inadequate, the BER will take over the cleanup using contracted resources.
- Air Quality - Learn about ozone and particle pollution levels in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Fire and Forest Protection - Check out the latest long-range outlook for wildfire season.
- Sinkholes - Learn about sinkholes, a common feature of Florida's landscape.