Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Food Safety, Division of
The Division is charged with administration and enforcement of the food and poultry and egg laws, and also provides support in the enforcement of other food safety laws. In addition to regulatory surveillance and enforcement, the Division evaluates consumer complaints related to food.
- Agricultural Law Enforcement, Office of - The Office of Agricultural Law Enforcement is dedicated to protecting Florida's agriculture and its consumers through professional law enforcement.
- Agriculture and Consumer Services, Department of - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services works with farmers, operates the state's consumer hotline, inspects scales and gasoline pumps, and manages public lands.
- Agriculture, Regulation of - This site offers information on licensing, permits, and registrations.
- Animal Industry/Livestock and Domestic Animals - Learn about animal health regulations and protecting the state from animal pests and diseases.
- Consumer Issues - View hotlines, online forms, publications and consumer links.
- Dairy Inspection and Compliance Monitoring - The Division of Dairy Industry insures that dairy products purchased by Florida consumers are wholesome, produced under sanitary conditions, and correctly labeled.
- Elder Affairs, Department of - View information for senior citizens about issues such as food safety, prescription assistance, and veteran's affairs.
- Food and Meat Inspection - Read about food inspection and related regulatory actions associated with food safety and sanitation, consumer protection and food grading programs.
- Food and Waterborne Disease Program - This program was established in 1994 within the Division of Environmental Health to assist County Health Departments in the surveillance, investigation, reporting, and prevention of food and waterborne disease in the State of Florida.
- Food Distribution, Bureau of - The Bureau administers or provides support to five USDA programs in Florida: National School Lunch Program; Summer Food Service Program; The Emergency Food Assistance Program; Charitable Institutions; Disaster Feeding.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Fruit and Vegetables, Division of - The Division of Fruit and Vegetables administers rules that regulate standards, grades and marketing orders for various fruit and vegetable commodities to include citrus, limes, avocados, peanuts and tomatoes.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.