Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Animal Industry/Livestock and Domestic Animals
The Division of Animal Industry is responsible for enforcing animal health regulations in Florida and protecting the state from animal pests and diseases, which have a major economic and public health consequence. The state veterinarian has important responsibilities in protecting the health and welfare of all animal resources.
- Dairy Inspection and Compliance Monitoring - The Division of Dairy Industry insures that dairy products purchased by Florida consumers are wholesome, produced under sanitary conditions, and correctly labeled.
- Fairs and Expositions - Find out how to contact each fair directly for information about tickets, entertainment or vendor services.
- Food and Meat Inspection - Read about food inspection and related regulatory actions associated with food safety and sanitation, consumer protection and food grading programs.
- Food Distribution, Bureau of - The Bureau administers or provides support to five USDA programs in Florida: National School Lunch Program; Summer Food Service Program; The Emergency Food Assistance Program; Charitable Institutions; Disaster Feeding.
- Food Safety, Division of - The Division assures the public of a safe food supply through permitting and inspection of food establishments, inspection of food products, and performance of specialized laboratory analyses on a variety of food products sold or produced in the State.
- Rabbit Farming - Rabbits are raised for meat, research, breeding, stock, and youth programs, such as 4-H and FFA.