Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The Entomology Section of the Division of Plant Industry also conducts investigations of certain economic insect problems, builds and maintains the arthropod reference and research collection (the Florida State Collection of Arthropods), conducts taxonomic research, supervises the security of the Florida Biological Control Laboratory and develops the taxonomic and biological control literature to support these areas of responsibility.
- Mosquito Control - This program administers approximately 2 million dollars in grants and provides technical assistance, certification and training to approximately 300 mosquito control programs throughout the State.
- Pest Alert - View a list of pest alerts for insects and diseases that have recently arrived in Florida or may possibly arrive soon.
- Pest Control - The Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control has the primary responsibility of protecting Florida citizens and visitors from pestiferous and disease carrying insects, unsafe pest control practices and unscrupulous pest control operators.
- Pesticide Exposure Surveillance - Find out what you need to know about pesticides and your health.
- Plant Inspection - The Division of Plant Industry is the regulatory agency responsible for the implementation of laws, rules, regulations, and various programs pertaining to plants and plant pests.