Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The Florida State Archives is mandated by law to collect, preserve, and make available for research the historically significant records of the state, as well as private manuscripts, local government records, photographs, and other materials that complement the official state records.
- Cultural Affairs, Division of - The mission of the Division of Cultural Affairs is to guide and facilitate cultural development and services for Florida citizens and visitors through public/private partnerships.
- Government - Read an introduction to Florida government.
- Historic Places - Use a map to find a list of historic sites by county.
- Historic Preservation, Bureau of - Learn about architectural preservation services, statewide education and folklife programs, and grants services.
- History - Learn about historical topics in Florida such as archaeology, African American history, the Civil War, historic buildings and sites, and Native Americans.
- History & Antiquities - Learn about a variety of topics related to Florida's history, with links to other resources for more information.
- History, Facts and - Read portraits and biographies of Florida Governors and a history of Seminole leaders and Seminole wars.
- History, Museum of Florida - The Museum collects, preserves, exhibits, and interprets evidence of past and present cultures in Florida, and promotes knowledge and appreciation of this heritage.
- Photographic Collection - The Florida Photographic Collection is a nationally recognized component of the State Archives of Florida and contains more than 850,000 photographs and approximately 2,500 movies and video tapes.