Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Assisted Living Facilities
Assisted living facilities (ALFs) are residential care facilities that provide housing, meals, personal care and supportive services to older persons and disabled adults who are unable to live independently. ALFs are intended to be a less costly alternative to more restrictive, institutional settings for individuals who do not require 24-hour nursing supervision. ALFs are regulated in a manner so as to encourage dignity, individuality, and choice for residents, while providing reasonable assurance for their safety and welfare.
If you would like more information regarding assisted living or would like to search for a licensed facility, please visit the Florida Affordable Assisted Living Website. This website has been designed to be a comprehensive clearinghouse of information for consumers, operators, and developers of assisted living in Florida.
- Aging and Health Information - View links to several state agencies and resources on aging.
- Aging, Florida Association of Area Agencies on - This association meets on a regular basis to share data, plan advocacy activities, and design coordinated aging programs.
- Elder Affairs, Department of - View information for senior citizens about issues such as food safety, prescription assistance, and veteran's affairs.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Housing - View housing resources, including information about condominiums, mobile homes, timeshares, and financing resources for potential homebuyers.
- Housing and Community Development, Division of - Gather information about building codes, disaster recovery, low-income home energy assistance, and weatherization assistance.
- Housing Assistance - The mission of the Division of Community Planning is to assist Florida communities in meeting the challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters and investing in community revitalization.
- Nursing Home Guide - Learn how to select a nursing home, learn about alternatives to nursing homes, or conduct a search for nursing home locations.
- Nursing Home Watch List - View nursing homes on the Agency for Health Care Administration's watch list.
- Retirement, Division of - This website contains information about state retirement systems in Florida, including the Florida Retirement System, the fourth largest public system in the nation.
- Retiring to Florida - View information and resources for those who are thinking of retiring to Florida.
- Veterans Affairs, Florida Department of - View information about veterans' benefits, homes and education.
- Veterans Service Offices, County - Veteran's assistance is available through a statewide network of county or city Veteran Service Officers.