Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The purpose of Medicaid is to improve the health of people who might otherwise go without medical care for themselves and their children. Medicaid is different in every state.
- Aging and Health Information - View links to several state agencies and resources on aging.
- Anthrax - The Florida Department of Health offers information on how to handle the Anthrax threat.
- Cash Assistance, Temporary - The purpose of the Temporary Cash Assistance program is to provide temporary financial help to eligible low-income families.
- Child Abuse - Learn definitions of child abuse and how to report it.
- Children and Families, Department of - The mission of the department is to protect the vulnerable, strengthen families and promote individual and family economic self-sufficiency.
- Children's Medical Services - Learn about a variety of programs that have the goal of keeping Florida children healthy.
- Credit Report - Floridians may obtain a free copy of their credit report.
- Disabilities - The Florida Developmental Disabilities Council encourages and advocates opportunities for persons with developmental disabilities and their families, to enhance their quality of life within their communities.
- Diseases and Conditions - View a listing of disease topics and find information for each topic online.
- Drug Prices - This website was developed by Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist and the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to help consumers find the lowest price in their area for their prescription drugs.
- Economic Self Sufficiency - ACCESS Florida provides assistance to low income families through the Food Stamp, Medicaid and Temporary Cash Assistance Programs.
- Energy Assistance Program - The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides grants to local governments and non-profit agencies to assist eligible low-income households in meeting the costs of home heating and cooling.
- Food and Waterborne Disease Program - This program was established in 1994 within the Division of Environmental Health to assist County Health Departments in the surveillance, investigation, reporting, and prevention of food and waterborne disease in the State of Florida.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Food Safety, Division of - The Division assures the public of a safe food supply through permitting and inspection of food establishments, inspection of food products, and performance of specialized laboratory analyses on a variety of food products sold or produced in the State.
- Food Stamps - The Food Stamp Program helps ensure that eligible low-income families and individuals are able to obtain a nutritious diet.
- Handicapped Parking - Apply for a disabled parking permit.
- Health Care Administration, Agency for - The Agency for Health Care Administration champions accessible, affordable, quality health care for all Floridians.
- Health Care Advance Directives - Exercise your right to decide and make your wishes known.
- Health Care Complaints and Information - The Agency for Health Care Administration provides a toll-free telephone system for consumers to call in order to file complaints, receive publications, information and referral numbers.
- Health Care Provider Information - Search for licensed health care providers.
- Health Care Resources - View a variety of health care resources.
- Health Care Risk Management - The State of Florida, Agency for Health Care Administration, administers serious patient injury reporting, tracking, trending and problem resolution programs in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Health Care, Quality - Medical Quality Assurance protects health care consumers by licensing qualified health providers, establishing and enforcing health care standards and disseminating appropriate information to consumers and practitioners.
- Health Departments, County - Look up contact information for the local county health departments alphabetically by county.
- Health Facility Provider Locator - The Locator allows you to find health care facilities or providers, including addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, ownership, quality comparison tools, and more.
- Health Reports & Guides - Download reports and guides regarding a variety of health issues.
- Health Statistics - Use a variety of charts and reports to gather information on health statistics in Florida.
- Health, Department of - Learn about public health issues, reports and health statistics, licenses and permits, and emergencies.
- Healthy Communities, Healthy People - Healthy Communities, Healthy People is a comprehensive and community-based health promotion and wellness initiative designed to reduce major behavioral risk factors associated with chronic diseases.
- Healthy Families - Healthy Families Florida is a community-based, voluntary home visiting program designed to promote positive parent/child interaction and healthy childhood growth and development, thereby preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Healthy Kids - Healthy Kids is a public/private organization providing quality health insurance to Florida's children.
- HIPAA - The Department of Health has implemented HIPAA privacy practices, which provide individuals who receive care from the agency with certain rights.
- HIV/AIDS Community Planning & Prevention - View HIV/AIDS resources and information.
- Hospice - Florida Hospices and Palliative Care, Inc. will strive to assure excellence and expand access to hospice care, and to advocate for the needs of those in the final phases of life.
- Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit - The Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit within the Division of Health Quality Assurance is responsible for licensing, registering, and regulating hospitals, outpatient and health care service facilities.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Housing Assistance - The mission of the Division of Community Planning is to assist Florida communities in meeting the challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters and investing in community revitalization.
- Immigration - Learn about the services provided by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to applicants, petitioners, authorized representatives, community-based organizations, and the general public.
- Immunization - The Bureau of Immunization focuses on protecting Floridians from vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Insurance, Life and Health - The Bureau of Life and Health Insurer Solvency monitors the solvency of life and health insurers that are authorized to operate in the State of Florida.
- KidCare - Florida Kidcare is state health insurance for uninsured children under age 19.
- Medicaid Fraud - Medicaid Fraud can take many forms and costs Floridians hundreds of millions of dollars each year.
- Medical Discount Cards - Read about how programs that involve the purchase of a medical discount card or joining a medical discount plan are not health insurance and probably are not regulated by the State of Florida.
- Medical Quality Assurance - The mission of MQA is to protect and promote the health of all persons in Florida by diligently regulating health care practitioners and facilities.
- Medicare Providers - First Coast Service Options, Inc. is your Florida Medicare contractor.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance - Use this guide to evaluate your health care insurance needs.
- Moving to Florida - Read information about relocating to the Sunshine State.
- Nursing Home Guide - Learn how to select a nursing home, learn about alternatives to nursing homes, or conduct a search for nursing home locations.
- Nursing Home Watch List - View nursing homes on the Agency for Health Care Administration's watch list.
- Pre-K - Learn about Florida's Prekindergarten program, which offers high-quality learning opportunities for every four-year-old in Florida.
- Refugee Services - View the array of services offered by Refugee Services, such as language education, child care, interpreters, and mental health counseling.
- Smallpox - Learn about Operation Vaccinate Florida and what you need to know about smallpox.
- Statewide Pharmaceutical Services, Bureau of - The Bureau enforces Florida's Drug and Cosmetic Act, which safeguards the health of the public and protects the public from injury by product use and merchandising deceit involving drugs, devices and cosmetics, or false and misleading advertising.
- Substance Abuse - This program offers a comprehensive system of prevention, emergency/detoxification, and treatment services for individuals and families at risk of or affected by substance abuse; to promote their safety, well-being, and self-sufficiency.