Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The Attorney General is the constitutional, statewide elected official who serves as the attorney for the State of Florida. The Attorney General is responsible for the enforcement of state consumer protection and antitrust laws as well as civil prosecution of criminal racketeering. In the area of criminal law, the Attorney General represents the State when those convicted appeal their convictions, including capital murder cases. The office also conducts various programs to assist local law enforcement agencies and crime victims, while further aiding the pursuit of criminal activities not limited to a single area of the state -- including the rapidly expanding crime of identity theft -- through the Office of Statewide Prosecution.
- Antitrust - The primary focus of the Antitrust Section is the enforcement of state and federal antitrust laws through civil investigations and litigation under authority granted the Attorney General in the Florida Statutes.
- Art Fraud - Use these tips when considering an expensive art purchase.
- Car Rentals - Read tips on how to avoid paying unwanted rental car charges.
- Car, Buying a New - Read tips about how to protect yourself when purchasing a new vehicle.
- Consumer Complaints - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services functions as the state's clearinghouse for consumer complaints.
- Corrections, Department of/Statistics & Publications - View statistics and publications from the Florida Department of Corrections.
- Crime Statistics - View crime statistics for the state of Florida.
- Drug Prices - This website was developed by Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist and the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to help consumers find the lowest price in their area for their prescription drugs.
- Economic Crimes - The Economic Crimes Unit of the Office of the Attorney General is the enforcement authority for all multi-circuit violations of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Game Promotion/Sweepstakes - Learn what you should keep in mind before entering a sweepstakes.
- Gemstone Investment Schemes - Thousands of consumers fall victim each year to gemstone investment schemes; learn how to protect yourself.
- Identity Theft - Learn about the crime of identity theft.
- Insurance Fraud - This division investigates all types of insurance fraud crimes.
- Internet Safety - Learn how to keep you and your family safe while using the Internet.
- Invention Promotion Firms - Learn how to locate a legitimate invention promotion firm to assist you in finding a suitable manufacturing company if you have developed a new idea for a product.
- Job Listing and Job Search Firms - Learn how to protect yourself from unscrupulous job listing and job search firms.
- Land Sales Scams - Protect yourself from land sales scams with advice from the Office of the Attorney General of Florida.
- Law Enforcement, Florida Department of - View information about domestic violence, the officer certification exam, and background checks.
- Lemon Law - The Lemon Law program has proven to be an effective means of recourse for Florida consumers who have purchased or leased NEW defective autos.
- Loans, Advance Fee - Get information to help you decide whether or not to apply for an advance fee loan.
- Medical Discount Cards - Read about how programs that involve the purchase of a medical discount card or joining a medical discount plan are not health insurance and probably are not regulated by the State of Florida.
- Pawnshops - Learn what interest pawnshops may charge, whether a written contract is necessary, and what to do if you have a complaint about a pawnshop transaction.
- Slamming - Learn what to do if your phone service has been switched without your authorization.
- SPAM/Junk Email - Spam is a popular term for unsolicited commercial electronic mail.
- Timeshare Sales and Resales - Learn how to protect yourself from timeshare scams, which occur both on the front-end, the time of the original purchase, and at the back-end, when you try to resell the timeshare.
- Victim Assistance - The primary function of the Victim Assistance Office is to assist victims of crimes committed by inmates in the Department's custody or under our supervision, and to notify victims prior to an inmate's release.
- Victims' Rights - View a variety of links regarding victims' rights in Florida.
- Weight Loss Fraud - Learn how to protect yourself against weight loss schemes.