Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Organic and Sustainable Agriculture
Florida Certified Organic Growers & Consumers supports and promotes organic and sustainable agriculture by we educating consumers, farmers, future farmers (children & youth), businesses, policy makers and the general public.
- Agriculture and Consumer Services, Department of - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services works with farmers, operates the state's consumer hotline, inspects scales and gasoline pumps, and manages public lands.
- Agriculture, Regulation of - This site offers information on licensing, permits, and registrations.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Fairs and Expositions - Find out how to contact each fair directly for information about tickets, entertainment or vendor services.
- Farmers' Markets - View a list of Farmers Markets in Florida.
- Food and Meat Inspection - Read about food inspection and related regulatory actions associated with food safety and sanitation, consumer protection and food grading programs.
- Food and Waterborne Disease Program - This program was established in 1994 within the Division of Environmental Health to assist County Health Departments in the surveillance, investigation, reporting, and prevention of food and waterborne disease in the State of Florida.
- Food Distribution, Bureau of - The Bureau administers or provides support to five USDA programs in Florida: National School Lunch Program; Summer Food Service Program; The Emergency Food Assistance Program; Charitable Institutions; Disaster Feeding.
- Food Hygiene Program - Prevention of foodborne illness (often referred to as food poisoning) is a major concern in every food service establishment and should be a major concern in home kitchens as well.
- Fruit and Vegetables, Division of - The Division of Fruit and Vegetables administers rules that regulate standards, grades and marketing orders for various fruit and vegetable commodities to include citrus, limes, avocados, peanuts and tomatoes.
- Invasive Plant Management, Bureau of - The Bureau of Invasive Plant Management is the lead agency in Florida responsible for coordinating and funding two statewide programs controlling invasive aquatic and upland plants on public conservation lands and waterways throughout the state.
- Kids' Agriculture Corner - Kids can learn about agriculture through a variety of fun activities.
- Plant Inspection - The Division of Plant Industry is the regulatory agency responsible for the implementation of laws, rules, regulations, and various programs pertaining to plants and plant pests.
- Recycling - The Recycling Program is responsible for monitoring and reporting on recycling and waste reduction programs across the state, as well as providing technical assistance.
- Wineries and Vineyards - Learn about the history of winemaking and locate wineries and vineyards in Florida.