Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Loans, Advance Fee
Advance fee loan brokers may seem like a good alternative source of funds, but be aware that many of these companies are nothing more than scams.
- Attorney General - Subscribe to the Attorney General's newsletter, learn about the role and function of the attorney general, and read about crime prevention and crime victims' services.
- Banking and Finance - Conduct a search for an insurance agent, read about hurricane preparedness, or report financial fraud.
- Bankruptcy Courts - View web site listings for Florida bankruptcy courts.
- Consumer Complaints - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services functions as the state's clearinghouse for consumer complaints.
- Consumer Issues - View hotlines, online forms, publications and consumer links.
- Credit Report - Floridians may obtain a free copy of their credit report.
- Gemstone Investment Schemes - Thousands of consumers fall victim each year to gemstone investment schemes; learn how to protect yourself.
- Housing Assistance - The mission of the Division of Community Planning is to assist Florida communities in meeting the challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters and investing in community revitalization.
- Housing, Financing for - Find resources to help make housing affordable.
- Identity Theft - Learn about the crime of identity theft.
- Immigration - Learn about the services provided by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to applicants, petitioners, authorized representatives, community-based organizations, and the general public.
- Job Listing and Job Search Firms - Learn how to protect yourself from unscrupulous job listing and job search firms.
- Land Sales Scams - Protect yourself from land sales scams with advice from the Office of the Attorney General of Florida.
- Law Enforcement, Florida Department of - View information about domestic violence, the officer certification exam, and background checks.
- Pawnshops - Learn what interest pawnshops may charge, whether a written contract is necessary, and what to do if you have a complaint about a pawnshop transaction.