Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Water Resource Management
Water Resource Management conducts permitting, compliance and enforcement programs for more than 3,000 domestic and 1,000 industrial wastewater facilities, 6,300 drinking water systems, and a myriad of activities in wetlands and other surface waters.
- Algae and Health Concerns (Water) - Learn about Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria).
- Aquaculture - This web site offers an introduction to the world of Florida aquaculture.
- Beach Water Quality - Learn about how the Florida Healthy Beaches Program and the Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems work to monitor and improve the water quality of Florida's beaches.
- Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas - Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas (CAMA) manages 45 sites totaling nearly five million acres of submerged lands.
- Coastal Management Program - The Florida Coastal Management Program is based on a network of agencies implementing 23 statutes that protect and enhance the state's natural, cultural and economic coastal resources.
- Coral Reefs - Learn about Florida's many coral reefs.
- Drinking Water - The Department of Environmental Protection has the primary role of regulating public water systems in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Hydrogeology - Hydrogeology is the study of ground water with emphasis given to its chemistry, modes of movement, and relation to the geologic environment.
- Inland Navigation District - The Florida Inland Navigation District is a Special State Taxing District for the continued management and maintenance of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway.
- Wastewater - Read current wastewater treatment facilities reports.
- Water Management Districts - The Department of Environmental Protection manages the quality and quantity of water through its relationship with the state's five water management districts and the adoption and implementation of The Florida Water Policy and The Florida Water Plan.