Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Project WILD capitalizes on the natural interest that children and adults have in wildlife by providing hands on activities that enhance student learning in all subject and skill areas.
- Alligators - Learn about the American Alligator in Florida.
- Birds - Earn a birding certificate or learn about Florida's birding trail.
- Endangered Species - Learn about threatened and endangered species in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission - Learn more about freshwater and saltwater fishing, hunter safety, and manatees.
- Hiking - Use the map on this site to find hiking trails in Florida.
- Hunting License - Purchase a state-issued hunting license online.
- Just Read, Florida! - The unequivocal goal of Just Read, Florida! is for all students in Florida to be able to read on grade level or higher throughout their school years by 2012.
- Kids' Agriculture Corner - Kids can learn about agriculture through a variety of fun activities.
- Manatees - Save the Manatee Club was started so the public could participate in conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.
- MarineQuest - MarineQuest is the annual open house for the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute.
- National Parks - View a map and list of national parks in Florida.
- Northern Right Whale Program - Get information about this endangered marine mammal or participate in the Adopt A Whale program.
- Panthers - Learn about the state animal, the elusive endangered Florida panther.
- Park Guide - Find a park, get camping and lodging information, learn about things to do, or become a volunteer.
- Recreation, Outdoor - More than 5 million acres of mostly undeveloped land, the largest wildlife management area system in the country, offer remote getaways for outdoor lovers in every corner of the state.
- Saltwater Fishing - Access links to licensing and permitting and read about regulations and fishing resources.
- Sea Turtles - The mission of the program at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is to promote the recovery of threatened and endangered marine turtles through research, management and education.
- Sports - View a list of professional sports teams in Florida.
- Springs - Experience the magic of Florida springs and learn about threats to their future and how to protect nature's gems.
- State Parks - Use this site to keep abreast of all the happenings at Florida State Parks.
- Summer Camps - Locate summer camps in Florida.
- Trails and Greenways - A list of trails in Florida to be explored by canoe, on foot, or on horseback.
- Trailwalker Program - The best way to learn about a state forest is to experience it first hand, and this is what the Florida State Forests Trailwalker program is all about.
- Waterfowl - Here you can learn about Florida's wetlands, resident waterfowl species, and migratory waterfowl that spend only a portion of the year in Florida's vast wetlands.
- Wildlife - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission manages fish and wildlife resources for their long-term well-being and the benefit of people.
- Wildlife Viewing - Find information about 137 wildlife viewing destinations around the state and learn about a selection of the most fascinating wildlife species in Florida.
- Youth Angling Education Program - Hooked on Fishing - Not on Drugs is an angling education program for youth designed to teach about fishing skills, benefits of fishing, aquatic ecology and conservation, drug prevention and keeping kids drug free.
- Youth Camps - Get information about The Everglades Youth Conservation Camp, The Joe Budd Aquatic Education Center Fish Camp, The Ocala Conservation Youth Camp, and Three Lakes/Prairie Lakes Primitive Camping.