Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
- Consumer Brochures - Read brochures about electric and gas utilities, telecommunications, and water and wastewater.
- Drinking Water - The Department of Environmental Protection has the primary role of regulating public water systems in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Hydrogeology - Hydrogeology is the study of ground water with emphasis given to its chemistry, modes of movement, and relation to the geologic environment.
- Recycling - The Recycling Program is responsible for monitoring and reporting on recycling and waste reduction programs across the state, as well as providing technical assistance.
- Water Management Districts - The Department of Environmental Protection manages the quality and quantity of water through its relationship with the state's five water management districts and the adoption and implementation of The Florida Water Policy and The Florida Water Plan.
- Water Resource Management - Water Resource Management Programs are responsible for protecting the quality of Florida drinking water as well as its rivers, lakes and wetlands, and for reclaiming lands after they have been mined for phosphate and other minerals.