Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
History & Antiquities
- Archives - The Florida State Archives is the central repository for the archives of Florida's state government.
- Art and History Development - Learn more about art and history development from the Office of Cultural and Historical Programs.
- Biographies - The Biography Index contains references to biographical information on notable Floridians in the books, periodicals, vertical files, newspapers and maps of the Florida Collection.
- Cultural Affairs, Division of - The mission of the Division of Cultural Affairs is to guide and facilitate cultural development and services for Florida citizens and visitors through public/private partnerships.
- Historic Places - Use a map to find a list of historic sites by county.
- Historic Preservation, Bureau of - Learn about architectural preservation services, statewide education and folklife programs, and grants services.
- History - Learn about historical topics in Florida such as archaeology, African American history, the Civil War, historic buildings and sites, and Native Americans.
- History, Facts and - Read portraits and biographies of Florida Governors and a history of Seminole leaders and Seminole wars.
- History, Museum of Florida - The Museum collects, preserves, exhibits, and interprets evidence of past and present cultures in Florida, and promotes knowledge and appreciation of this heritage.
- Life Histories - View titles of mostly first-person accounts of life in Florida collected during the Great Depression.
- Memory Project - The Florida Memory Project provides a web-based structure for primary records that illustrates significant moments in the state's history, provides educational resources for students of all ages, and makes available collections for historical research.
- Museums - Use this site to locate museums by interest or geographic area.
- Photographic Collection - The Florida Photographic Collection is a nationally recognized component of the State Archives of Florida and contains more than 850,000 photographs and approximately 2,500 movies and video tapes.
- Rosewood - Find sources identified by the State Library staff which are helpful in answering requests for information about the destruction of Rosewood, Florida.