Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Cultural Affairs, Division of
The Division is committed to bringing more art and culture, to more people, in more places in Florida.
- Archives - The Florida State Archives is the central repository for the archives of Florida's state government.
- Art and History Development - Learn more about art and history development from the Office of Cultural and Historical Programs.
- Art Fraud - Use these tips when considering an expensive art purchase.
- Biographies - The Biography Index contains references to biographical information on notable Floridians in the books, periodicals, vertical files, newspapers and maps of the Florida Collection.
- Courthouses, Historic - View a list of beautiful, historic courthouses in Florida.
- Folklife Program - The Florida Folklife Program, a component of the Florida Department of State's Division of Historical Resources, documents and presents the folklife, folklore, and folk arts of the state.
- Historic Places - Use a map to find a list of historic sites by county.
- Historic Preservation, Bureau of - Learn about architectural preservation services, statewide education and folklife programs, and grants services.
- History - Learn about historical topics in Florida such as archaeology, African American history, the Civil War, historic buildings and sites, and Native Americans.
- History & Antiquities - Learn about a variety of topics related to Florida's history, with links to other resources for more information.
- History, Museum of Florida - The Museum collects, preserves, exhibits, and interprets evidence of past and present cultures in Florida, and promotes knowledge and appreciation of this heritage.
- Land Protection - Learn how private landowners can protect cultural resources in their ownership.
- Life Histories - View titles of mostly first-person accounts of life in Florida collected during the Great Depression.
- Memory Project - The Florida Memory Project provides a web-based structure for primary records that illustrates significant moments in the state's history, provides educational resources for students of all ages, and makes available collections for historical research.
- Museums - Use this site to locate museums by interest or geographic area.
- Photographic Collection - The Florida Photographic Collection is a nationally recognized component of the State Archives of Florida and contains more than 850,000 photographs and approximately 2,500 movies and video tapes.
- Rosewood - Find sources identified by the State Library staff which are helpful in answering requests for information about the destruction of Rosewood, Florida.
- Wineries and Vineyards - Learn about the history of winemaking and locate wineries and vineyards in Florida.