Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
This fun, free event will introduce you to the environment and current fish and wildlife research in Florida.
- Aquaculture - This web site offers an introduction to the world of Florida aquaculture.
- Beach Water Quality - Learn about how the Florida Healthy Beaches Program and the Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems work to monitor and improve the water quality of Florida's beaches.
- Beaches and Coastal Systems - Learn about the 825 miles of sandy coastline fronting the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and the Straits of Florida, one of Florida's most valuable natural resources.
- Clean Marina Program - To meet both the letter and the spirit of environmental laws, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is in partnership with both private and public entities in the marine industry to develop a Clean Marina Program.
- Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas - Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas (CAMA) manages 45 sites totaling nearly five million acres of submerged lands.
- Coastal Management Program - The Florida Coastal Management Program is based on a network of agencies implementing 23 statutes that protect and enhance the state's natural, cultural and economic coastal resources.
- Coral Reefs - Learn about Florida's many coral reefs.
- Diving - See Florida in a brand new way when you strap on a mask and fins and glide to new depths.
- Endangered Species - Learn about threatened and endangered species in Florida.
- Environment News - Read the latest press releases and newsletters from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission - Learn more about freshwater and saltwater fishing, hunter safety, and manatees.
- Fishing - Get information on freshwater and saltwater fishing from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
- Inland Navigation District - The Florida Inland Navigation District is a Special State Taxing District for the continued management and maintenance of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway.
- Lighthouses - The Florida Lighthouse Association, Inc., is a not-for-profit organization chartered by the State of Florida for the preservation of Florida lighthouses and maritime heritage.
- Manatees - Save the Manatee Club was started so the public could participate in conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.
- Marina - The Florida Department of Environmental Protection formed the Clean Boating Partnership to work with private organizations such as Marine Industries Association of Florida in their commitment to improving the health and cleanliness of our waterways.
- Mercury in Marine Fish - In large enough doses, mercury is toxic to mammals, birds, and fish. Mercury can cause severe nerve and brain damage, sight and hearing loss, and birth defects.
- National Parks - View a map and list of national parks in Florida.
- Northern Right Whale Program - Get information about this endangered marine mammal or participate in the Adopt A Whale program.
- Project WILD - Project WILD is an interdisciplinary conservation and environmental education program emphasizing wildlife designed for educators of kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- Recreation, Outdoor - More than 5 million acres of mostly undeveloped land, the largest wildlife management area system in the country, offer remote getaways for outdoor lovers in every corner of the state.
- Red Tide - Get information about red tide from the Division of Aquaculture.
- Saltwater Fishing - Access links to licensing and permitting and read about regulations and fishing resources.
- Sea Turtles - The mission of the program at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is to promote the recovery of threatened and endangered marine turtles through research, management and education.
- Trails and Greenways - A list of trails in Florida to be explored by canoe, on foot, or on horseback.
- Trailwalker Program - The best way to learn about a state forest is to experience it first hand, and this is what the Florida State Forests Trailwalker program is all about.
- Wildlife - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission manages fish and wildlife resources for their long-term well-being and the benefit of people.
- Wildlife Viewing - Find information about 137 wildlife viewing destinations around the state and learn about a selection of the most fascinating wildlife species in Florida.
- Wildlife Violations - Floridians can report fish and wildlife law violations online.
- Youth Angling Education Program - Hooked on Fishing - Not on Drugs is an angling education program for youth designed to teach about fishing skills, benefits of fishing, aquatic ecology and conservation, drug prevention and keeping kids drug free.