Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The collection spans a wide range of visual images from copies of mid 15th Century maps to current photographs. Most of the holdings in the collection have been obtained singly or in small groups. Together, they form the most complete portrait of Florida available - one that draws its strength from family pictures, the homes of Floridians, their work, and their pastimes.
- Archaeology - The Bureau of Archaeological Research works with state agencies and local communities to manage, preserve, and interpret Florida's irreplaceable archaeological sites for citizens and visitors.
- Archives - The Florida State Archives is the central repository for the archives of Florida's state government.
- Art and History Development - Learn more about art and history development from the Office of Cultural and Historical Programs.
- Biographies - The Biography Index contains references to biographical information on notable Floridians in the books, periodicals, vertical files, newspapers and maps of the Florida Collection.
- Courthouses, Historic - View a list of beautiful, historic courthouses in Florida.
- Cultural Affairs, Division of - The mission of the Division of Cultural Affairs is to guide and facilitate cultural development and services for Florida citizens and visitors through public/private partnerships.
- Folklife Program - The Florida Folklife Program, a component of the Florida Department of State's Division of Historical Resources, documents and presents the folklife, folklore, and folk arts of the state.
- Genealogy Resources - View resources from the State Library of Florida to assist in compiling your genealogy.
- Historic Places - Use a map to find a list of historic sites by county.
- Historic Preservation, Bureau of - Learn about architectural preservation services, statewide education and folklife programs, and grants services.
- History - Learn about historical topics in Florida such as archaeology, African American history, the Civil War, historic buildings and sites, and Native Americans.
- History & Antiquities - Learn about a variety of topics related to Florida's history, with links to other resources for more information.
- History, Facts and - Read portraits and biographies of Florida Governors and a history of Seminole leaders and Seminole wars.
- History, Museum of Florida - The Museum collects, preserves, exhibits, and interprets evidence of past and present cultures in Florida, and promotes knowledge and appreciation of this heritage.
- Life Histories - View titles of mostly first-person accounts of life in Florida collected during the Great Depression.
- Memory Project - The Florida Memory Project provides a web-based structure for primary records that illustrates significant moments in the state's history, provides educational resources for students of all ages, and makes available collections for historical research.
- Museums - Use this site to locate museums by interest or geographic area.
- Rosewood - Find sources identified by the State Library staff which are helpful in answering requests for information about the destruction of Rosewood, Florida.