Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Nursing Home Guide
- Aging and Health Information - View links to several state agencies and resources on aging.
- Aging, Florida Association of Area Agencies on - This association meets on a regular basis to share data, plan advocacy activities, and design coordinated aging programs.
- Assisted Living Facilities - Learn who can reside in an Assisted Living Facility, what funding services or programs are available, and about licensing for ALFs.
- Disabilities - The Florida Developmental Disabilities Council encourages and advocates opportunities for persons with developmental disabilities and their families, to enhance their quality of life within their communities.
- Elder Affairs, Department of - View information for senior citizens about issues such as food safety, prescription assistance, and veteran's affairs.
- Hospice - Florida Hospices and Palliative Care, Inc. will strive to assure excellence and expand access to hospice care, and to advocate for the needs of those in the final phases of life.
- Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit - The Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit within the Division of Health Quality Assurance is responsible for licensing, registering, and regulating hospitals, outpatient and health care service facilities.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Housing - View housing resources, including information about condominiums, mobile homes, timeshares, and financing resources for potential homebuyers.
- Living Will - View Living Will information provided by the Florida Bar.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.
- Medicare Providers - First Coast Service Options, Inc. is your Florida Medicare contractor.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance - Use this guide to evaluate your health care insurance needs.
- Nursing Home Watch List - View nursing homes on the Agency for Health Care Administration's watch list.
- Ombudsman Program, Long-Term Care - Learn about a volunteer-based organization seeking to improve the quality of life of frail, vulnerable elders who live in long-term care settings, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities and adult family care homes.
- Retiring to Florida - View information and resources for those who are thinking of retiring to Florida.
- Veterans Affairs, Florida Department of - View information about veterans' benefits, homes and education.