Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
The Substance Abuse Program Office works closely with the Office of Drug Control, on the development of initiatives, strategies, and performance measures to reduce to less than 50 percent by the year 2005, the incidence of drug abuse among Florida's citizens through the means of evidence-based prevention services, improved access to effective treatment services, and strengthening the substance abuse service delivery system.
- Driving Under the Influence - View the penalties for driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances.
- Health Departments, County - Look up contact information for the local county health departments alphabetically by county.
- Health, Department of - Learn about public health issues, reports and health statistics, licenses and permits, and emergencies.
- Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Department of - Access this site for information about driver licenses, motor vehicles, and the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit - The Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit within the Division of Health Quality Assurance is responsible for licensing, registering, and regulating hospitals, outpatient and health care service facilities.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Insurance, Life and Health - The Bureau of Life and Health Insurer Solvency monitors the solvency of life and health insurers that are authorized to operate in the State of Florida.
- Law Enforcement, Florida Department of - View information about domestic violence, the officer certification exam, and background checks.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.
- Welfare Transition Programs - The goal of the Welfare Transition Program in Florida is to emphasize work, self-sufficiency, and personal responsibility, and to enable welfare recipients to move from welfare to work.