Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Food Hygiene Program
Foodborne illness is a general term often used to describe a disease or illness caused by eating contaminated foods or drinks.
- Agriculture and Consumer Services, Department of - The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services works with farmers, operates the state's consumer hotline, inspects scales and gasoline pumps, and manages public lands.
- Agriculture, Regulation of - This site offers information on licensing, permits, and registrations.
- Dairy Inspection and Compliance Monitoring - The Division of Dairy Industry insures that dairy products purchased by Florida consumers are wholesome, produced under sanitary conditions, and correctly labeled.
- Elder Affairs, Department of - View information for senior citizens about issues such as food safety, prescription assistance, and veteran's affairs.
- Food and Meat Inspection - Read about food inspection and related regulatory actions associated with food safety and sanitation, consumer protection and food grading programs.
- Food and Waterborne Disease Program - This program was established in 1994 within the Division of Environmental Health to assist County Health Departments in the surveillance, investigation, reporting, and prevention of food and waterborne disease in the State of Florida.
- Food Distribution, Bureau of - The Bureau administers or provides support to five USDA programs in Florida: National School Lunch Program; Summer Food Service Program; The Emergency Food Assistance Program; Charitable Institutions; Disaster Feeding.
- Food Safety, Division of - The Division assures the public of a safe food supply through permitting and inspection of food establishments, inspection of food products, and performance of specialized laboratory analyses on a variety of food products sold or produced in the State.
- Fruit and Vegetables, Division of - The Division of Fruit and Vegetables administers rules that regulate standards, grades and marketing orders for various fruit and vegetable commodities to include citrus, limes, avocados, peanuts and tomatoes.
- Health, Department of - Learn about public health issues, reports and health statistics, licenses and permits, and emergencies.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.
- Organic and Sustainable Agriculture - Florida Certified Organic Growers & Consumers is a non-profit organization which provides an Organic Certification Program.