Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Beaches and Coastal Systems
- Algae and Health Concerns (Water) - Learn about Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria).
- Aquaculture - This web site offers an introduction to the world of Florida aquaculture.
- Beach Water Quality - Learn about how the Florida Healthy Beaches Program and the Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems work to monitor and improve the water quality of Florida's beaches.
- Beaches - See a list of Florida beaches.
- Clean Marina Program - To meet both the letter and the spirit of environmental laws, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is in partnership with both private and public entities in the marine industry to develop a Clean Marina Program.
- Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas - Coastal and Aquatic Managed Areas (CAMA) manages 45 sites totaling nearly five million acres of submerged lands.
- Coastal Management Program - The Florida Coastal Management Program is based on a network of agencies implementing 23 statutes that protect and enhance the state's natural, cultural and economic coastal resources.
- Coral Reefs - Learn about Florida's many coral reefs.
- Environmental Education - This program seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection.
- Environmental Protection, Department of - View environmental resources for citizens, educators, businesses, and government.
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission - Learn more about freshwater and saltwater fishing, hunter safety, and manatees.
- Fishing - Get information on freshwater and saltwater fishing from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
- Fishing License - Purchase your Florida fishing licenses and permits online.
- Inland Navigation District - The Florida Inland Navigation District is a Special State Taxing District for the continued management and maintenance of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway.
- Marina - The Florida Department of Environmental Protection formed the Clean Boating Partnership to work with private organizations such as Marine Industries Association of Florida in their commitment to improving the health and cleanliness of our waterways.
- MarineQuest - MarineQuest is the annual open house for the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute.
- Mercury in Marine Fish - In large enough doses, mercury is toxic to mammals, birds, and fish. Mercury can cause severe nerve and brain damage, sight and hearing loss, and birth defects.
- National Parks - View a map and list of national parks in Florida.
- Northern Right Whale Program - Get information about this endangered marine mammal or participate in the Adopt A Whale program.
- Recreation, Outdoor - More than 5 million acres of mostly undeveloped land, the largest wildlife management area system in the country, offer remote getaways for outdoor lovers in every corner of the state.
- Saltwater Fishing - Access links to licensing and permitting and read about regulations and fishing resources.
- Sea Turtles - The mission of the program at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is to promote the recovery of threatened and endangered marine turtles through research, management and education.
- Seaports - View a list of Florida seaports.