Florida Government Online
...a division of
Government Online Services Corp.
Healthy Families offers families of newborns living in targeted areas and who are experiencing stressful life situations, home visiting services that are delivered by trained family support workers. The family support worker is invited into the homes of families to offer support, promote positive parent-child relationships, promote healthy child development, enhance family functioning through the development of a trusting relationship, enhance problem-solving skills and provide linkages to health and family support services families may need. Services may begin prenatally or at the birth of the baby and are offered to families for up to five years. The intensity of service is based on the family's needs.
- Cash Assistance, Temporary - The purpose of the Temporary Cash Assistance program is to provide temporary financial help to eligible low-income families.
- Child Abuse - Learn definitions of child abuse and how to report it.
- Children's Medical Services - Learn about a variety of programs that have the goal of keeping Florida children healthy.
- Diseases and Conditions - View a listing of disease topics and find information for each topic online.
- Drug Prices - This website was developed by Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist and the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to help consumers find the lowest price in their area for their prescription drugs.
- Health Care Administration, Agency for - The Agency for Health Care Administration champions accessible, affordable, quality health care for all Floridians.
- Health Care Resources - View a variety of health care resources.
- Health Departments, County - Look up contact information for the local county health departments alphabetically by county.
- Health, Department of - Learn about public health issues, reports and health statistics, licenses and permits, and emergencies.
- HIPAA - The Department of Health has implemented HIPAA privacy practices, which provide individuals who receive care from the agency with certain rights.
- HIV/AIDS Community Planning & Prevention - View HIV/AIDS resources and information.
- Home Care - The Home Care Unit licenses and registers agencies that provide services and equipment to people in their home or place of residence.
- Hospice - Florida Hospices and Palliative Care, Inc. will strive to assure excellence and expand access to hospice care, and to advocate for the needs of those in the final phases of life.
- Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit - The Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit within the Division of Health Quality Assurance is responsible for licensing, registering, and regulating hospitals, outpatient and health care service facilities.
- Hospital Services Guide - Users can access data on the most common diagnoses and procedures in Florida hospitals or ambulatory surgery (outpatient) centers.
- Housing Assistance - The mission of the Division of Community Planning is to assist Florida communities in meeting the challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters and investing in community revitalization.
- Immunization - The Bureau of Immunization focuses on protecting Floridians from vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Insurance, Life and Health - The Bureau of Life and Health Insurer Solvency monitors the solvency of life and health insurers that are authorized to operate in the State of Florida.
- KidCare - Florida Kidcare is state health insurance for uninsured children under age 19.
- Medicaid - Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes.
- Parent Helpline - Parent Helpline provides a toll-free 24 hour counseling service for parents feeling overwhelmed or stressed with the responsibilities of parenting.